- 1 lb. of fresh Tomatillos (If you can’t find these, regular tomatoes will be fine, this will just create a red sauce instead of a green sauce with a slightly different flavor).
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3-5 Tree Chilis. (Chile de Árbol) * If you like spicy, add more! But be aware that these are very spicy.
- 1 ½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small serrano chili pepper, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil 6-10 cups of water, enough to cover tomatillos in a pot.
- Remove the papery husks from the tomatillos and rinse them well. Cut the tomatillos in half and place them in the pot. Allow them to boil for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place only the tomatillos (leave water for later), Garlic, Olive Oil, Cilantro, Tree Chilis (make sure to take the stem off), Cumin, and Sea Salt into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed. If it is too thick, add some of the left over water from when boiling tomatillos.
- Place the sauce back into the empty pot, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with Artisan Tropic Strips, or on any dish you wish to add a spicy kick to.